Carrot > Root > Forked or misshaped root
1 of 3
Compacted or rocky soil
- Carrot develops forked, or misshapen roots
- More information on Compacted or rocky soil...
2 of 3
Northern root knot nematode
- Tap root is stunted, deformed, or forked
- Many fibrous roots may be present
- Many small round to irregular lumps and swellings can be found on both the tap root and fibrous roots
- In severely infected plants, carrot tops may be stunted, yellow, and wilt during the day
- More information on Northern Root Knot Nematode...
3 of 3
Pythium root dieback
- Carrot root is short stunted and may be forked or misshapen
- Carrot top may yellow and wilt if root damage is severe
- Horizontal lesions (1/10 cm to 1 cm) may appear on the surface of the root
- Common in heavy wet soils and organic soils
- More information on Pythium root dieback...