Carrot > Leaves > Brown to black leaves
1 of 2
- Leaves are dark brown and covered in fluffy white fungal growth in humid conditions
- Infected roots may first appear healthy but quickly turn gray
- Cottony white fungal growth develops on root
- Hard black round to oblong sclerotia form in white fungal growth
- Roots quickly become soft and watery
- More information on White Mold...
2 of 2
Alternaria leaf blight
- Leaflet margins and tips turn dark brown to black with a yellow halo
- Lesions first evident on the lower, older leaflets
- Many lesions growing together result in black, shriveled dead leaves
- Large lesions can also develop on the petioles and may girdle and kill the leaves
- Roots are not directly infected, but may be small due to severe leaf damage
- More information on Alternaria Leaf Blight...