Blueberry > Stems/branches > Unusual growth on stem or branches
1 of 2
- Galls (tumor like overgrowth) occur on roots, where the stem meets the soil, and occasionally higher on stems
- Young galls are soft, light green in color, with no bark
- Older galls are brown to black and are hard
- Severely infected plants may be stunted
- More information on Crown Gall...
2 of 2
- Broom-like clusters of swollen reddish brown stems and small leaves develop in the plant
- Young stems within brooms are initially yellow or reddish, but later become brown and shiny, and, eventually, dry and cracked
- Will cause needle yellowing and loss in nearby fir trees
- More information on Witches Broom...