Apples > Trunk > Overgrowth on trunk
1 of 2
- Galls (tumor like overgrowth) occur on roots, where the stem meets the soil, and at the site of pruning wounds
- Young galls are soft, light green in color, with no bark
- Older galls are brown to black and are hard
- More information on Crown Gall...
2 of 2
- Overgrowths at, above, or below the graft union
- Graft components breaking apart cleanly at the graft union
- Marked differences in growth rate or vigor of scion and rootstock
- More information on Graft Incompatibility...