Ribes > Stems/branches > Bark or small stems chewed or removed
1 of 2
- Leaves, flowers, buds, and small branches less than an inch in diameter are cut off.
- Plant parts are torn off leaving ragged edges
- Feeding occurs from the ground to about 6 feet
- More information on deer browsing...
2 of 2
- Bark from stems is removed to a height of about 2 feet above the ground or the snowline
- Regular scraping the size of a spoon tip will be present in the damaged wood
- Smaller stems are typically cut off with a sharp edge at a 45 degree angle
- Majority of bark feeding occurs in winter and early spring
- Rabbit droppings (small, round pellets) are often found near the damaged shrubs
- More information on rabbits...