Maple > Leaves > Small twigs with green leaves on ground
1 of 2
- Unusual numbers of complete, green leaves laying beneath the tree
- Whole leaf sections are removed from branches and dropped to ground
- Damage usually occurs in late spring, early summer
- More information on Gray squirrels...
2 of 2
Maple petiole borer
- Green leaves with a portion of the stem to fall to the ground
- Larvae bore into leaf stem as it is still attached in the canopy; full grown larvae are 1/3 inch long
- Sugar maple is preferred host
- Damage noticeable in late May, early June
- More information on Maple petiole borer...