Basswood/Linden > Trunk/Branches > Holes in trunk
1 of 1
- Round exit holes ¼ inch wide in trunk
- Thinning of the canopy
- Lower branches, lower trunk and surface roots are attacked resulting in limbs in canopy dying; eventually the entire tree is killed after high infestation
- Adults up to ¾ to 7/8 inch long, longhorns, black body covered by dense olive-yellow hairs; larvae are legless, cylindrical and 7/8 to 1 inch long
- Littleleaf lindens are preferred hosts
- More information on Linden borer...