Hydrangea > Flowers > Buds and petals discolored
1 of 2
Botrytis mold (gray mold)
- Flower buds, petals, or entire blossoms turn tan to gray
- Flowers become covered with fuzzy gray colored fungal spores in wet weather
- Brown, round to irregular spots on leaves, often where petals have fallen
- Common during cool wet weather
- More information on botrytis mold...
2 of 2
- Slightly sunken brown spots on leaves
- As spots grow, dark brown rings give the spot a 'bull's eye' appearance
- Spots can grow to 1 inch in diameter
- Spots can be found on both leaves and flower petals
- More information on anthracnose...