Dogwood > Leaves > Leaves turn brown to black and wilted
1 of 2
- Leaves on one or more branches wilt, turn brown and die
- Bark on affected branches is darker, cracked, or blistered at the site of the canker
- Wood beneath the canker is dark brown
- Common on shrubs stressed by drought, winter injury and other factors
- More information on Botryosphaeria canker...
2 of 2
Dogwood twig borer
- Larval tunnels inside branches, making holes in stems to push out frass and sawdust
- Larvae feed downward, holes often occur near outside end of branches
- Larval feeding cases leaves on random branches to wilt and turn brown
- Adults chew on the underside of midrib of leaves causing the leaf to curl downward at tip
- More information on Dogwood twig borer...