Butternut > Leaves > Leaves fall off prematurely
1 of 2
- Leaflets have circular brown spots surrounded by yellow tissue
- Infected leaves turn yellow, then brown on the margins, curl and eventually fall off
- Dark brown to black spots or blotches form on nut husks
- Nuts drop prematurely
- More information on Walnut Anthracnose...
2 of 2
- Small black spots scattered across leaf
- Dark brown veins and leaf tips are common due to many spots forming on leaf veins and leaf tips
- As the disease progresses, leaves yellow and fall off
- In mid-summer leaves appear yellow from a distance
- Occurs on black walnut and butternut
- More information on Leaf spot...