Boxwood > Leaves > Leaves tan to brown
1 of 2
- Foliage is tan to bleached or even reddish to dark brown
- Branches may die back to the crown
- May be on part or all of plant
- More information on winter injury...
2 of 2
Cylindrocladium buxicola (syn C. pseudonaviculatum)
- Round leaf spots with a tan center and dark brown edge
- White chalky looking spores on lower surface of leaf
- Dark brown to black streaks on stems
- Stem cankers can girdle and kill branches
- Rapid defoliation and twig deback, roots remain healthy
- Not currently found in MN. If suspected, call the Minnesota Department of Agriculture "Arrest the Pest" Hotline: 1-800-545-6684
- More information on boxwood blight...