is demanding work that requires careful attention to detail and focus
- The Field Day observation starts when the students
get off the bus and ends when the students are back on the bus and
have departed from the site. It is important for an observer to
evaluate arrival, lunch, connecting activities, and departure from
- Individual Tool observation begins when a station
starts and ends when the students move to the next station.
- Multiple observers
- Observation teams should not be larger than
- Observe stations at the same time and avoid
following the same group of students for the entire day.
- Stay objective – remain true to the individual
dimension that each item is trying to measure.
- Focus on observation and taking notes. If you
miss something or are not focusing your observations, you will not
be able to accurately evaluate the day.
- Answer all of the questions at each station
throughout the day. This will help you fill out the Holistic Tool
accurately at the end of the day.