Skinny French Fries
English | español
Eat these French fries without guilt. Baking fries in the oven significantly cuts the fat from traditional fries.
Number of Servings: 8
Serving Size: 1/8 of prepared recipe
4 medium potatoes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt or other seasoning
Time needed: 15 minutes preparation; 30-40 minutes cook time
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Wash the potatoes and pat dry on towels. Cut them into skinny strips.
- Spread strips of potatoes in one layer in pan.
- Distribute remaining oil evenly over potatoes.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and tender. Turn frequently.
- Season to taste.
|Total Fat:||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat:||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate:||12.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber:||0.9 g|
*Based on 1/4 teaspoon salt
Allergens: None noted
Tips and Variations
Substitute sweet potatoes for the regular potatoes.
In place of salt, try a new seasoning such as garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, paprika, or mesquite seasoning.
This was adapted from the United States Department of Agriculture's Skinny French Fries (no date; What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl).
Knife Cutting Techniques (PDF) — Learn how to use a knife efficiently and safely.