Pumpkin surprise cupcakes
Surprise your family and friends with this easy two-ingredient treat. Make it your own by adding additional seasonings or fruits.
Number of servings: 24
Serving size: 1 cupcake
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1 18-ounce box carrot cake mix
Non-stick cooking spray or shortening
Time needed: 5 minutes preparation; 20 minutes cook time
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray muffin tins.
- Combine the pumpkin and cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Beat batter well.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake according to package directions for cupcakes (about 20 minutes).
- Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack for 5-10 minutes. Remove from tin.
|Total Fat:||1 g|
|Saturated Fat:||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate:||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber:||1 g|
|Total Sugar:||9 g|
Tips and variations
For variety, you can try stirring in different seasonings (cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, etc.) or dried fruits (raisins, etc.).
If the batter seems too thick, stir in a small amount of water (1 tablespoon at a time).
Use paper muffin liners to reduce clean-up time.
This was inspired by the Food.com's Weight Watchers Pumpkin Cupcakes (no date).
No-Crust Pumpkin Pie — Skip the crust and you can eat pies like this without guilt! This is a great recipe to try even if you've never made a pie before.
Spiced peach sauce — Turn canned peaches into a tasty treat. This makes a great topping for yogurt, oatmeal, French toast, and more.
Preserving winter squashes and pumpkins — Preserve pumpkins and squash for later use by freezing, canning, or drying.