Behind the Scenes at Simply Good Eating – East Central Minnesota Simply Good Eating Program Transcript (126 K PDF)
Simply Good Eating
Simply Good Eating gives you ideas for fresh, flavorful, low-cost meals along with ways to put more activity into your life.
- Want to host a class? Visit the Program Overview page to learn more or contact Health and Nutrition.
- Want to attend a class? Use this map to contact the regional coordinator in your area. Classes are free for those who meet income guidelines.
- Are you an older adult? Connect with others through Eat Smart, Live Strong (use this map to contact a regional coordinator in your area) and get tips on healthy aging on our For Older Adults page.
- Want healthy eating and active living tools? Browse the For Families section.
- Want help shopping at the farmers markets on a budget? Visit the Farmers Market page for tips and recipes.
Try It — You'll Like It!
Everyone can find something to like about Simply Good Eating. Here’s what some of our participants have to say:
- “Guess what I do every single day of my life? Every day I eat super yogurt for breakfast, just like we learned in class!”— Fourth grader from Lake County when talking to the community educator he remembered from HeadStart Simply Good Eating classes
- “I thought it was going to be a chore but really enjoyed and learned a lot. Awesome!!"— Young mother from St. Louis County, a self-described picky eater
- "I've learned how to stretch my money for food. I've also learned how to cook quick and good tasting meals. I learned to eat some foods from each of the food groups...I know that it's better to eat food that is colorful and has variety from each group. I really enjoy these classes and had a lot of my questions answered." — Isanti County mother
Where to Find Us
We teach throughout Minnesota and partner with other organizations to provide the following:
- Group sessions in your neighborhood grocery store, food shelf, WIC clinic, or Head Start
- Simply Good Cooking (378 K PDF) and Cooking Matters® Minnesota courses
- One-time events at community partner sites like schools, day-care center, shelters, and county Human Services offices
- In-home visits (limited availability)
Click on your county or region on the map below to contact the Simply Good Eating program in your area. Interested in partnering with Extension? Visit the For Partners section.
For Partners — Learn more about the Simply Good Eating program and how it works.
Nutrition for the Underserved: The Implications — Results from focus groups with limited resource individuals. Highlights implications for four different cultural groups.
Healthy Eating — Support your health at every stage of life with the foods you eat.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Food Assistance Programs — Minnesota Department of Human Services — Learn how to apply for food assistance and other food support.
Find Hunger and Food Resources— Hunger Solutions Minnesota — Find a food shelf, Meals on Wheels, Summer Food Service Program, food support office, or WIC program near you.
Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Program — Minnesota Department of Health — Supplemental food program for pregnant women, infants and children. Find an office near you: English | Spanish | Hmong | Somali