Resources to help parents meet the challenge of raising teens.
On this page
All links are PDF files under 1 MB unless otherwise indicated.
Resources for anyone working with or interested in adolescent development.
Information on bullying, school violence, and more.
- School Violence
- School...Making the Most of It — English | español
- Bullying: A Big Problem with Big Consequences — English | español
- What if the next shooting is at my school? — English | español
- Winning Isn't Everything — English | español
- I Need to Get a Job — English | español
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drugs
Advice on teen parties, talking with your teen about substance use, and dealing with the "everybody's doing it" attitude.
- There's a Party...Can I Go? — English | español
- But You and Dad Drink... — English | español
- Alcohol Use and Young People (website) — English
- It's Just One Cigarette — English (1.8 MB PDF) | español
- Relax Mom, It's Only Pot! — English | español
- Teens and Meth — English
- But Everybody's Doin' It... — English | español
The "how to" of effective communication in different situations.
Relationships: Peers and Dating
Tips for talking with your teen about sexuality and dating.
- Teens and Their Peers — English
- I'm in Love: I'm Not Gonna Get Pregnant — English | español
- I've Met Someone Special — English | español
Strategies to help parents monitor what their teen does on the Internet.
Parents of College Students
Teens still need their parents' guidance after high school.
- Helping Youth Succeed: Bicultural Parenting for Southeast Asian Families — Online resources to help parents, teens, and educators understand and address issues related to different Southeast Asian perspectives on parenting.
See additional parent resources
Other Recommended Resources
Common Stresses for Parents of Teens — Iowa State University Extension — Find ways to manage new conflicts and stressors that develop as the parent-child relationship changes during the teen years. Part of the Stress: Taking Charge series.