- Diversifying Farm Income and Improving Environmental Conditions through Agroforestry
- Carbon Credits - Benefits for MN Landowners
- Agroforestry Training for Natural Resource Professionals
- Energy-Saving Landscapes
- Agroforestry Training for Landowners
- Growing and Tending Hybrid Poplar
If you have such a planting, we would like to learn more. Please consider taking this survey and tell us your experiences, and how we can improve them.
University of Minnesota Extension and MnDOT are featured in The Farmer magazine for the development of a calculator that helps MnDOT determine fair incentive payments to pay farmers for standing corn rows, hay bales and silage bags used to catch blowing snow and protect selected state highways in winter months.
Read more in the fact sheet on standing corn rows to reduce blowing snow on highways.
- Elm trees – Dutch Elm disease resistant varieties
- Woody vegetation control
- Carbon credit program (635 K PDF)
- Expiring conservation reserve program options (192 K PDF)
- Energy saving landscapes (170 K PDF)
- Winter habitats for pheasants (641 K PDF)
- Selecting trees and shrubs in windbreaks (685 K PDF)
- Producing marketable products from living snow fences (707 K PDF)
- Living snow fences (536 K PDF)
- Riparian forest buffers
- Hybrid hazelnuts (446 K PDF)