BR&E Strategies Program
The BR&E Strategies Program helps make local businesses be more competitive by evaluating and addressing some of their key needs and concerns. By addressing common business concerns, the community ensures a healthier future for itself. Businesses that stay competitive are more likely to remain in the community and possibly expand. The program also establishes an economic development plan for the community and a broad-based community coalition to sustain long term economic development efforts.
The BR&E Strategies Program focuses on both short-term and long-term objectives.
- To demonstrate support for local businesses
- To help solve immediate business concerns
- To increase local businesses' ability to compete in the global economy
- To establish and implement a strategic plan for economic development
- To build community capacity to sustain growth and development.
If you are a Minnesotan interested in pursuing a University of Minnesota BR&E program, one of our Extension Educators will be happy to meet with you.