Beef home study course 2017
Introduction to cattle feeding
This course is designed to offer an introduction to cattle feeding with a focus on practical management and feeding strategies for the small-scale producer.
- Principles of nutrition
- Feeds and feeding
- Cattle health and management
- Feedlot facilities
- Manure management
- Finances and risk management
- The bi-weekly lesson and additional handouts will be posted on the Moodle site by noon on the release date.
- Materials posted will aid in preparation for the quizzes.
- Discussion will be used to further explore certain topics and will allow for learning among peers; to earn a certificate, participants must participate in a bi-weekly discussion forum.
- This course is self-paced within a lesson, meaning that in order to receive a certificate of completion, the follow-up quiz for each lesson must be completed within the two weeks allotted for each lesson.
- If a certificate is not wanted, participants are not required to participate in the discussion forum or complete the quizzes.
- Although the course is self-paced, participants are encouraged to complete lesson as they are posted in order to participate in the online community.
The registration fee: $75
Course start date: June 7, 2017
Last day to register: June 14, 2017
Contact Nicole Kenney Rambo at email@example.com or 320-235-0726 ext 2009